apkp777

Well Known Member
Okay, now I am getting frustrated. Seems that my ECI kit is missing quite a few parts. No seals, pushrod tube retainer, crank seal, etc, etc.

Anyone have a clue if this is normal?

Last edited:
Thank again Radomir. I just got off the phone with Bill R. and he set me straight. Yes, everything is in the box marked "gasket set".

Time to get assembling.

Looks like AERO pulled the plug on dealing with ECI. They have a letter on their website instead of the normal ECI products.

Looks serious!!!

Did you buy your kit from AERO? How much did it cost and with what options?

I did buy my kit from AERO. They were great to work with. I paid about $16.5k for the kit with no accessories and no ignition. It is an o-320 with 164 stock HP. With the dual P-mags I am hoping to realize about 170 HP.

I am putting the engine together right now. I have to say that the Lycoming manual is pretty bad. Thanks to another builder who sent me some photos and his step by step instructions.

Overall, even though I am a licensed Powerplant mechanic. It is still making me sweat putting this thing together. However, with sufficient patience and guidance it's all really pretty simple.

Okay, a couple more questions.

1. A "round ball" (1/2" dia or so) came with the parts. I find this no where in the IPC or other documents. Anyone got a clue where this goes? I assume it has to do with pressure or temp relief but I haven't got a clue where it'll fit.

2. Oil filter bypass spring. Since I have a thermostatic relief valve I am assuming this does not get installed? I can't find the "plunger" that supposedly goes with it. Maybe that's the ball above, but it doesn't fit in the hole.

3. I am not using a vacuum pump. Can I fore-go the installation of the vacuum pump gear?

The ball is...

Okay, a couple more questions.

1. A "round ball" (1/2" dia or so) came with the parts. I find this no where in the IPC or other documents. Anyone got a clue where this goes? I assume it has to do with pressure or temp relief but I haven't got a clue where it'll fit.

2. Oil filter bypass spring. Since I have a thermostatic relief valve I am assuming this does not get installed? I can't find the "plunger" that supposedly goes with it. Maybe that's the ball above, but it doesn't fit in the hole.

...the operating part of the oil pressure regulator that fits on the top center of the case above #3 cylinder.

The spring might be part of the same unit...

Thanks for your input. Yeah I went temporarily blind staring at the IPC. The ball and spring is for the oil pressure regulator and I did intall the vacuum pump drive gear.