I ordered a new eci kit engine for my 9a 16 weeks ago from Aero in stock. It was supposed to take 8 weeks, For the last 8 weeks there have been crankshaft delays, crankcase delays, and who knows what else. Is that somthing i just have to expect, or should I be as mad as I am?

Being mad is up to you...I think I'd ask them for an "actual committment" of when they'll ship the kit. I had a crankshaft delay with mine, too, but it was only 1 week. 8 weeks does seem like a very long wait.

ECI

My ECI was held up for the case machining operation. It seems there is just one or two shops nationwide able to machine aircraft engine cases. Therefore Lyc, ECI, Superior, Continental, etc are all lined up waiting for service. If the machine breaks, the line gets even longer. So I was told by AERO.
The delay added 4 weeks to the delivery time.

Steve

I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting since 2/22/08. I have been trying to be patient as well and have been sending emails or calling Jesse at AERO about once a week.

It sounds like his hands are tied so I am trying not to take my frustrations out on him.

I ordered an ECI kit from Jesse about a year and a half ago. It came within the promised time frame (quickly, about 4 weeks) and assembling this was one of the most rewarded facets of building the kit. A year later, when I was finishing up the wiring, I noticed that they had sent me the harness for the wrong mag (left side vs. right side). I called Jesse and he accepted the return, but of course was out of stock. When it still had not arrived 4 weeks later, he called me to let me know that the stock was slow to be shipped, but should not be much longer. It arrived about a week later.

Bottom line is that every time I called AERO (mostly Jesse), they would thoroughly answer anything I asked and always, in my opinion, provided excellent service. If you feel they are stalling or being less than honest with you, then I would be irritated. If you feel they are trying their best to provide you with the components you ordered, then all you can be is understanding and realize that they are subject to the availability from their suppliers. Hopefully, they are still providing you the best service possible and your situation will soon be corrected. It's hard to start assembling and engine without the crank! :rolleyes:

Good luck!

I see business picking up at ECI becuase of the happenings at Thielert, Superior's parent company. My gut instinct would be to buy your engine now.

11.8 hrs on my ECI so far,
Steve

Just thought I would update the gang on the ECI engine hold-up. I spoke with Jesse at AERO today and my engine (ordered 2/22/08) is finally shipping today. He also told me that they are getting everyone from the backlog shipped out as well.

The problem was shifting to a new case milling shop. ECI built up an engine with the new case and test run followed by a complete tear-down and examination. All looks great so they are now shipping again....

Any updates from those that have ordered recently? I talked to Jesse this morning, and he told me 4 weeks is the lead time. I should be able to order mine within the next month or so...:cool: