LOL! All of the information available today is just making my engine choice harder! I had kind of decided against the ECI fuel injection & cold air sump because I didn't want to have to figure out the return lines, cowl interface, etc. Now I may have to reconsider.

One thing I noticed (at least on the 8 instructions) was the flexible tube from the cowl snorkel to the throttle body. That's kind of a bummer--flexible tube is right at 10x draggier to the inlet flow than is something smooth and solid. It is a short length though.

Thanks for posting the info Gil.

Guy

Wrap...

Guy Prevost said:
Thanks for posting the info Gil.

Guy

The one item I couldn't find is the template for the cylinder wraps around the tapered EXP cylinders....

gil in Tucson

Hoping for an ECI sale at Sun'N'Fun.... :)

Hi to all

I am going with the ECI IO 360, F/I, cold air sump, ala Robbie Attaway configuration.
www.attawayair.com. I know there will be a little more work to my slick cowl to fabricate the snout for the ram air. BUT, fiberglass, at least for me is not a problem, and I just think that cold/dense/ram air will increase performance. American Aircraft Engines, www.overhaul.com will build my engine. They have been great to deal with especially Phil. The price was right for my budget also. So give Phil a call and you will appreciate the info/candor/help he will give.

Frank @ SGU RV7A "NDY"

Thanks for the info

Nice tree of choices. That illustrates one choice has down stream ramifications. You have to choose everything to match and work together.

Builders get a hard core desire or preference for one thing or option but than they want another thing, just as badly, but its incompatible with first option.

Aero design is about compromises and choices. It has to work together.

Its not like RV's have anyone thing that is better than any other plane (I know sacrilege), but its just they have a combination (compromises) that works so well together.

Thanks for posting, Nice!

Last edited:
Gil,,, We do have the template drawing and is in the final stages of review. If you need it ASAP contact me directly by email or call 800-324-2359.
Joe T