Craig23

Well Known Member
Hello everyone,

I am getting ready to buy my engine and the engine shop suggested what they called a 175 degree oil filter adapter made by ECI to help make the filter more accessible and less messy at oil changes. The part is expensive, at almost $300. Are any of you using this adapter or know of it? It seems pretty pricey if it is only an angle adapter?

Thanks,

It works well. You will also need an extension to move the adapter aft. this is necessary to make the engine fit in the mount on an RV-8. With out the extension the oil filter can will hit one of the tubular mount members.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk

It works well. You will also need an extension to move the adapter aft. this is necessary to make the engine fit in the mount on an RV-8. With out the extension the oil filter can will hit one of the tubular mount members.

Does anyone know how long an adapter is needed to miss the engine mount on a -9A?

You normally don't need a ny spacers for a -9 or -7.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."