tmbg

Well Known Member
Mint DMC-8 crimper with 8 positioners in a pelican case for $220 :D

My new garmin stack will be here in a couple weeks, and I intend to be ready for it!

DSC_3341.JPG

afm8 & positioners

good to see you got the k42 and k13-1 positioners. those are probably the only 2 you will use. now go stock up on those machined pins (well, if you bought new, they should be included in the garmin install kits.)

I bought new, but anyone you buy from insists on making the harness for you, so I'm not confident that I'm actually going to get any pins.

Do you have a source and part numbers that I should stock up on? I'd like to go ahead and start practicing with the stuff!

the high density garmin pins are available on ebay from time to time. stein stocks the others at $25 per 100. (he may stock the high density pins also, but i got a good deal off ebay.)

only ever needed the male pins in the high density size. the gtx320 uses regular density female pins. the 430 uses both high-density and regular male pins (iirc -- it's been a coupla months since i did these).

oke, just ordered a whole mess of stuff from stein...

I bought a 100 bag of both pins and sockets, although I'm pretty sure I need only the sockets for the garmin install. I bought 20 each of the high density pins and sockets. I also ordered some DB connectors of various sizes and genders to have on hand. I ordered pin insertion/extraction tools, some BNC connectors, and a BNC die plus crimp frame to handle the antenna install. Also 30' of RG-400.

Oh, and a gretz pitot mount :D

This airplane building business is expensive!

the high density garmin pins are available on ebay from time to time. stein stocks the others at $25 per 100. (he may stock the high density pins also, but i got a good deal off ebay.)

only ever needed the male pins in the high density size. the gtx320 uses regular density female pins. the 430 uses both high-density and regular male pins (iirc -- it's been a coupla months since i did these).

Hi,

We do carry the HD pins as well.

Paul,

I noticed there wasn't a 100 bag discount on the HD pins... I only ordered 20 of each, but I likely would have ordered a full bag of each had there been a discount.

Something about psychology, I think.... :confused: