I'm trying to narrow down exactly what I want in an RV7A before I put up a WTB and officially start my search. I have compiled a list of exactly what I want and also have a budget.

If I had to make sacrifices are there certain things that are more difficult than others to modify after the build is completed?

I'm looking for an RV7A slider, which those two things obviously can't be changed, but beyond that I am looking for:

CS prop
2 axis AP
Electric trim
LED exterior lighting
Dual screen IFR rated instruments

So out of those things, which would be easiest to deal with after the fact? I don't want to walk away from a plane I like just because it has no electric trim if that's very easy to change later on, for example.

Thoughts??

CS prop
2 axis AP
Electric trim
LED exterior lighting
Dual screen IFR rated instruments
Thoughts??
All are changeable without too much work. (At least compared to building.)
CS prop would have to have a prop govenor (easy), and control cable (not really that hard) to be installed. Depends on the panel setup how much would have to change, but the control cables are usually installed after just about everything already has been installed, so it would not really be much different then during initial build as long as you did not have to rework the panel to get a space for the control.

Autopilot and Trim are easy to install as well, only problem would be how easy it is to add circut breakers (room on panel etc) and the running of the wires, the actual install of the servos on either is easy.

LED lighting- really easy, most wire would be plug & play, many of the mounts are similar or the same. Would need to remove strobe power pack if doing strobes. Getting to it would be the hardest part.

Dual Screen IFR - if steam gauge panel then would involve a lot of wiring, but not very hard.

If you are interested in learning the wiring none of those items are really harder to do on a complete plane then on a plane being built.

If the airplane has a fixed pitch prop you need to make sure the engine can be converted to CS prop, e.g., not a solid crankshaft.

Definitely run some extra wires in the fuselage and wings. That is the hard part.

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm just gonna focus on finding the more permanent stuff (Tricycle, slider, IO360) and the rest is gravy.