Desert Rat

Well Known Member
I've been meaning to do this for a while, but seeing both these vendors at Oshkosh jogged my memory.

Anyway, in an effort to lighten the load firewall fwd, I elected to install an earthX 680c in a lightweight box. Total weight for that combination saves almost 12 lbs vs an Odyssey 680. EarthX says that will spin a 390 just fine, but when I saw how tiny it was I thought I'd potentially made a horrible mistake. EarthX says it has basically twice the cranking amps as an Odyssey, but it didn't seem possible that you could cram that many electrons in such a small box.

Anyway, I needn't have worried. It cranks like crazy.

As far as Pmags, It's awesome that they can be clocked in any orientation. That feature is awesome in that it eliminates some hassles related to how tight space gets back there. But the biggest plus I see so far is how easily the engine starts. Now that I've figured out my priming routine, it will light off within 3-4 blades of a 3 bladed prop.

There are always pros and cons to any system, and this is no different, but so far I love this combination.

Unpaid testimonial from a random internet guy...