pierre smith

Well Known Member
Since the Bermuda trip is history, we're going to the Bahamas instead. Is there a checklist about filing the eApis forms and other must do's?

Thanks,

Pierre,
I just got the 'Rosie' call....I'm at work and unable to upload pics. I did find the word document that I sent out with a few notes (see below).

Here's a link I posted years ago with good information: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=17382&page=3

Below are the eApis screen-shots from our 2011 Bahamas trip :D Rosie
This morning, I logged into https://eapis.cbp.dhs.gov/eapisj/eapis/login and filed my paperwork. I took screen shots of all the screens and have them attached here for you.
Here are some suggestions and things I found that will be of help when filling out the form.

1) Make sure you have you Customs Decal number before starting eAPIS.

2) I filed at CREW for both of us: Not sure if that’s a big deal for the 4-seaters

3) You can NOT use any special characters in any of the fields e.g. I first input: Homestead General Airport (X51) which was rejected – leave off parenthesis

4) eAPIS03.jpg: Start with the Crew pull-down box, select yourself then select SHOW DETAILS. Repeat for each crew member.

5) eAPIS07.jpg is the complete summary of all my inputs.
eapis01.jpg

eapis02.jpg

eapis03.jpg

eapis04.jpg

eapis05.jpg

eapis06.jpg

eapis07.jpg

eapis08.jpg

Last edited:
Flew to Marsh Harbour for Spring Break.

I second using Fort Pierce for departure and entry. Painless customs and they tow you plane to the Tiki next door while you have lunch:). I topped off when departing for the Bahamas since fuel is around $5.70 vs $7+ in Marsh Harbour.

TJ

Since the Bermuda trip is history, we're going to the Bahamas instead. Is there a checklist about filing the eApis forms and other must do's?

Thanks,

When are you thinking about flying to the Bahamas? We have a group that will be going as far as St Martin in the East Caribbean during early December if you are interested.

:cool:

From Rosie
St. Martin was the EASIEST airport to clear Customs during our 2013 Caribbean trip...we never met an agent, police officer, custom's officer...just the GA office manager who said, "Fill out four GenDecs and put them in the boxes outside then you can leave."

Antilles_488.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have an iPhone then get the Flashpas app. It makes filing a breeze and you don't have to be linked to a computer in a forien country.