Yes, it is an annoying system but stick with it, you will get used to its little quirks.
After you have used it a few times it will keep some of the information in memory which will then be offered as an entry. This can save a lot of time.
Make sure that you receive the acknowledging email, if you do not, then your report is not in the system.
I always file my return eapis before I leave home. This makes things easier as you are working with your own computer.

I got used to it. Filed more then dozen times last year it takes minutes and spits confirmation right away. I agree it's not the most user friendly site but it works good for me.

Eapis

Both eapis and dtops (the stickers us canucks need to land in your country) have to be the worst two web sites ever. Why they cant hire a 13 year old to design a better site is puzzling. A few of us have done it a lot and help our flying club members learn it...every time the new users just shake their head.

They need to get someone from Godaddy etc to fix this.. :D

I agree with Tom, once you get it...its still annoying but manageable. Only caveat i have is ensure you file well in advance. One morning when trying to escape kosh, i was using the free wifi...and it kept dumping me mid file. the eapis web site gets worried you :eek:"BAD" and locks you out for a period of 30 minutes if i recall. So painting yourself into a corner rushing it as you run out of time is not advised. We do ours the night before and for both entry and exit. You can always revise and resubmit from a recent filing, much easier to do than starting from scratch. We just use the fbo address of anywhere we are flying as our "address" and use the nearest international airport code to where we will cross the border as our departure aerodrome. Works fine, never an issue. Good luck.

Not sure you Americans need the dtops stickers if exiting your country...if you do...wait till renewal time. That is even worse than eapis! :)

I use flash pass also and think its great. I use to have to update my password on the gov site every time I used it (4-6 times a year in/out). For what little it cost Flashpass is much easier to change/add passengers with short notice. Great customer service if you need help.

Dale