Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Eagles Nest - Front Page News in Indiana

Eagle's Nest-1, Bob Kelly’s RV-12 Student Build project is front page news in Columbus, Indiana.

While Bob’s Eagle's Nest project was inspired by and patterned after TeenFlight, Bob has taken the concept to a new level – public schools. Jennings County High School has embraced the Eagle’s Nest project and has currently passed the first of three steps to have the program accredited and possibly become a dual-credit course. The local FISDO is supportive, inspectors come by on a regular basis offering support, and Jennings County high school has committed to Eagle’s Nest-2 when the current project is complete. The story was published today by TheRepublic, Columbus, Indiana, ...link to story below:

Eagle’s Nest “1” – Front Page Story >>> HERE

Last edited:
Eagle's Nest-1, Bob Kelly’s RV-12 Student Build project is front page news in Columbus, Indiana.

While Bob’s Eagle's Nest project was inspired by and patterned after TeenFlight, Bob has taken the concept to a new level – public schools. Jennings County High School has embraced the Eagle’s Nest project and has currently passed the first of three steps to have the program accredited and possibly become a dual-credit course. The local FISDO is supportive, inspectors come by on a regular basis offering support, and Jennings County high school has committed to Eagle’s Nest-2 when the current project is complete. The story was published today by TheRepublic, Columbus, Indiana, ...link to story below:

Eagle’s Nest “1” – Front Page Story >>> HERE

Great story about Bob Kelly's effort to make a difference in these kid's lives. Ernie you're quite a mover yourself according to the story.

Bob Axsom

Great story about Bob Kelly's effort to make a difference in these kid's lives. Ernie you're quite a mover yourself according to the story. /Bob Axsom

Great to hear from you and thanks for the kind words, Bob. I'm just a dreamer that's blessed to have friends like you and Bob Kelly. Everything else just seems to fall into place. What's your next mod, or are you keeping it a secret for now. Keep that cam lubricated...

Personal regards,

Last edited:
I was very pleased with the coverage. I believe they "get" that this is more than just teaching a bunch of kids to set rivets. I talked to a couple parents tonight that realize that, too. I can't over-stress how important that is to me.

Ernie is the reason this is moving along, long before I thought possible. A number of VAF members who donated to our tool chest helped greatly, also. It is friends like we all have here at VAF that encouraged me start this project, and friends that will carry it on to yet another level. I am still working out many of the "kinks" involved in building within the walls and rules of a school. I think Ernie agrees--we have a start that eases the way for REAL aviation education for our youth.

Ernie, myself, and Andy Doboze (the guy who opened the door for me at JCHS) are all going to need you guys, and that is going to open opportunities for us all. Knowing what I know now, I believe there is nothing you can do that will not be repaid many times over. Just keep listening...

If this in any way strikes a chord with you, PM me your e-mail address and I will put you on our newsletter list.

Bob

Eagle's Nest project motivates local FISDO employee...

(Reprint of email note I received from Bob) /reb

January 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM Bob Kelly <[email protected]> wrote:

Ernie,

Just called to make sure that the FAA was invited to the High School's Open House.
One of the guys who came down and saw the project was so impressed he
began teaching ground school to kids and has 12 students--all free of
course. Just thought it was cool...

Bob

Last edited:
Eagle's Nest on PBS

Eagle's Nest Project
Receives Spotlight from WFYI Indianapolis

Just received from Bob Kelly--

PBS station WFYI Indianapolis is arriving tomorrow at Jennings County High School with camera crew in tow.
The station is doing a documentary for an upcoming air show, but when they learned about the Eagle's Nest project they said "That's a great story... Can we come down tomorrow?".

Jennings County High School is also holding an Open House on Feb 8th, and the Eagle's Nest project will be a spotlight of the event.
Great work, Bob!