Special Delivery

Well Known Member
The author's son, Sam Pritchett, was a student last year at Clear Springs High School and participated with 31 other PLTW Engineering students in the build of Eagle's Nest -3, aka "The Elder One".

An Eagle?s Nest Project is much more than a group of students building an airplane at a local airport hangar - Eagle's Nest Projects are an accredited, at the high school, STEM education program that encourages and promotes student, school, and community pride - each project inspiring thousands of youth and adults to become more than they ever dreamed possible.

Link to Full Story >> click on snippet

Capture_VAF_zpsyqoooixo.jpg

>> 09/10 Clear Springs HS started build on 2nd aircraft (EN-10)
>> 09/18 Clear Springs HS "Open House"... "Elder One" parked on lawn just outside the front door!
>> 09/23 Space Center Rotary... Student presentation with "Elder One" parked outside the country club meeting place!
>> 10/12 AOPA Summit ... "Elder One" on static display!
>> 10/26 Wings Over Houston ... "Elder One" on static display with narrated fly-bys!

Last edited:
Great writeup. Such an awesome program. Congratulations to all who have put their heart, soul and time into it.

Great writeup. Such an awesome program. Congratulations to all who have put their heart, soul and time into it.

K.C. - Thank you for the kind words!

Not to be overlooked - Eagle's Nest also sends out a big THANK YOU to our financial supporters. We are a 501(c)(3) 100% volunteer program, and every dollar we receive is used to benefit the program.

Last edited:
Obviously I "collect" these articles, but this one is very special to me. This is the first article from outside the flying community, and I believe it tells me more about why I do this than I even knew myself. The quote by John Sichting was especially meaningful.

Bob