Craig23

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I am looking for feedback from anyone who has experiences with Eagle Engines in Redding, CA. I'm ready to buy the engine and prop for my 8 project, and they are close. I was also leaning toward Eagle because I can buy my Whirlwind 200RV from their propeller shop. Finally, their quote came in lower than the others I've seen.

If anyone can tell me about their experiences with either Eagle Engines or American Propellers, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Hello All,

I am looking for feedback from anyone who has experiences with Eagle Engines in Redding, CA. I'm ready to buy the engine and prop for my 8 project, and they are close. I was also leaning toward Eagle because I can buy my Whirlwind 200RV from their propeller shop. Finally, their quote came in lower than the others I've seen.

If anyone can tell me about their experiences with either Eagle Engines or American Propellers, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

An RV-8 builder at Petaluma bought his engine from Eagle a few years ago, but he's still building and hasn't run it yet. I know he's experienced some customer service encounters because his engine originally had the Ryton sump on it. Send me a PM if you want his email address -- he can probably give you more information.

Also, don't forget to consider sales/use tax and shipping charges when you're comparing engine shops.

Eagle engine's

Craig,
I purchased my 0-360-B1AC5 XTreem with10:1 pistons from Eagle. The engine is installed in my RV8A and has 40+ hrs to date, no problems except I had to replace the "Autolite" plugs included with the engine with new Fine Wire plugs, perhaps you can specify the FW plugs with your engine? I was experiencing a fouling problem during the takeoff roll after havinging taxied for a few min. The enging would clear out and run fine after the first few seconds of full power operation. The fine wire plugs eliminated the problem completely.
After 40 hours, the engine runs great, real strong, a little thirsty, perhaps a function of the 10:1's and is dry as a bone NO OIL LEAKS.
IMHO a good deal.

I found Eagle to be a great company to deal with. They engine was customed painted to my specs., was delivered on time and at the cost I was quoted.

My prop. was not supplied by Eagle, I purchased a new Hartzell BA from Van's, hard to beat his price.

Hope this helps.
Dick

I dealt with Kevin at American Propeller when I bought my WW-200RV, and have had nothing but positive experiences. Fast, prompt response via email, telephone (usually both), etc.

Kudo's to American Propeller

I dealt with Kevin at American Propeller when I bought my WW-200RV, and have had nothing but positive experiences. Fast, prompt response via email, telephone (usually both), etc.

I'll echo what Guy said to the word.. Kevin and American Propeller offered me superior service.

I just built a Superior IO360 for my 9A at Eagle last December through their build program, and its still in the box waiting for me to finish the plane. I had good service, but cannot comment on the engine performance as yet (if it works great, I guess I will take at least a tiny bit of the credit!). My only caveat with regard to the build is that I would have liked to do more of the work - cylinders were preassembled and I did not install the electrical.

As has been said, consider the sales tax issue. I am in Reno and it was considerably cheaper for me to have it delivered than to pick it up, as I did not have to pay sales tax. If you are in CA and want to avoid the tax, consider having it shipped out of state and then pick it up there.

greg

As advertised...

I've gotten good service and support from Eagle Engines and American Propeller. They supported me through my Ryton sump adventure and made sure things worked in my favor. The engine was done as I ordered (Xtreem360 w/9:1 pistons, custom paint), they were always available when I had questions. They were one of the first builders to begin installing P-Mag/E-Mag ignitions and worked well with the manufacturer to make that happen. On the prop side, I dealt with Kevin Russell at American Propeller with my MT prop...no issues there either. I like dealing with people who answer my questions and return my phone calls!! There are about 15 engines on the field here that they've built...we like em. Good outfit.