pierre smith

Well Known Member
From EAA this morning.

EAA members can watch the Reno air races on Sunday online for free!

Watch Reno Air Races Live on Oshkosh365!
Free feed provided to EAA members

September 17, 2009 ? Thousands of aviation enthusiasts will descend on Reno Stead Field in Nevada this week for the Reno National Championship Air Races, but undoubtedly many more fans throughout the world wish they could be there to witness the 46th running of the fastest sport on the planet. EAA will provide the next best thing for its members ? through Oshkosh365, our online community. On Sunday, September 20, EAA members get free access to LiveAirShowTV?s first-ever live Internet feed ? a $24.95 value ? so they can see the thrilling championship round of this year?s event.

The webcast will cover the breakneck action of Sunday?s championship races in all seven classes; a performance by the United States Navy Blue Angels; and aerobatic performances by pilots David Martin, Patty Wagstaff, and the Red Eagles. The National Aviation Heritage Invitational trophy presentations will also be carried in real time.

You?ll see the action from multiple cameras from the grandstand area, bringing even the 500 mph-plus Unlimiteds in close from the back side of the course! Also several in-cockpit cameras will be available, and possibly shots from the pylons. And it?s all free for EAA members at Oshkosh365.
?We?re really excited to be working with LiveAirShowTV to provide this ?September Surprise? to our members through Oshkosh365!? said Hal Bryan, EAA?s Online Community Manager.

Live worldwide Internet coverage will begin at 9 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (1700 GMT) and continue until racing ends at approximately 4:30 p.m. To tune in, log into Oshkosh365(dot Org) Sunday morning, then click on the EAA Members Only tab.

Thanks

Thanks, Pierre
I was able to watch the Unlimited Gold race, although my video was somewhat "skippy." I posted a similar post last night expressing thanks for the information about the EAA link, but I guess one of my fellow moderators didn't want the winner of the Unlimited Gold race announced. (The post has been deleted!):mad: The RV BBQ is a really neat way for RV-ers who like Reno Air Racing to get together.

It wasn't me Don!!! (We've been traveling, just got back from Reno - sat and chatted with Riff-Raff's pilot - 6th in the Gold I think he said - on the SWA flight from Reno to LAX - nice to catch up with him!)
Paul