rscott5559A

Good Morning Group,

Does anyone know anything about the EAA Flight Advisor program? The insurance company ( Global ) through the EAA wants me to complete the Flight advisor program before flying solo. I'm not sure what it entails.

Thanks,

Robert Scott
RV9A signed off!:D
Cable AP Upland, CA

I am guessing that they would like you to consult with an EAA Flight Adviser - there is no one particular "program" that you go through. You sit down with a Flight Adviser and talk about your particular situation, the Flight Adviser gives you some perspectives on what you might do to fly more safely. At least, that is the way I do it. No two pilots/situations are ever exactly alike.

Paul

Here is a link to the EAA web site with info on Flight Advisors.

There is a link on that page that will take you to the MEMBERS ONLY section where you can look up Flight Advisors in your state.

I sent you a message directly with a list of some of the local guys I know in your area.

I would like to suggest that you TWIST the arm of your RV-9A transition training CFI to become a Flight Advisor because the one that was in your chapter is no longer listed on the EAA web site.

Last edited:
Flight advisor

I used the EAA flight advisor program because EAA 983 chapter had a person that had signed up to admin the program. Don Saint did a good job of stepping me through what to expect, and to be ready for the unexpected things that do happen. Most of us think we are super pilots and do not need such a program. BUT if something did go wrong, it would be a good thing to have gone through and prepared for the surprises. While I had no serious surprises, I did appreciate the training. If I were running an insurance company, I would demand it of all first flights. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the input guys. Gary, I will try to persuade my CFI, in fact I'll print out the application forms and bring them to the chapter meeting tomorrow!

Thanks again!

Robert Scott
RV9A signed off!:D
Cable AP Upland, CA