Finally!!!

Someone who knows what's going on. I sure hope every FSDO makes this required reading for their inspectors.

Night VFR

This is a very good summary. All consistent with what I have learned after reading about this in the regulations over the past 2 years while building my RV-12. However, this is the first time I have seen it all summarized in one place. I frequently find myself educating other homebuilders on the topic when we are talking about the RV-12.

The article brings up another topic that perhaps would be best posted in another thread. I wonder how many RV-12 builders have installed the lighting kit and asked that their limitations allow both day and night VFR. I certainly did and had no trouble doing so.

Jeff

You should not have to ask. It's already there.

The article brings up another topic that perhaps would be best posted in another thread. I wonder how many RV-12 builders have installed the lighting kit and asked that their limitations allow both day and night VFR. I certainly did and had no trouble doing so.
Jeff

The standard operating limitations issued to both experimental amateur-built and experimental light-sport aircraft allow for night and IFR operations provided that the airplane is equipped per FAR part 91.205.

The E-LSA vs E-AB option makes me wonder what the impact will be on resale value. If you took two identical RV-12's, one licensed as an E-LSA and the other as an E-AB, which will have a higher resale value?

I pondered the same question for some time, and finally decided to go the ELSA route, THEN make my personal refinements. Somehow I think it will make an easier sale if that ever happens.