mhcflyer

Well Known Member
My inspection is coming up this Friday (Oct 17th) and due to various issues, my EAA data plate will not be arriving until Tuesday or Wednesday. I really would like to get an idea of placement sooner. Does anyone have a EAA Dataplate they can post the dimensions? I'm guessing about 1"x3" or so, but I really can't remember. This is the one that came in the EAA Homebuilt Registration Kit.

Thanks Guys!

Michael

It measures 3 3/4" X 1 5/8". IT mounts with TWO (2) holes that are center to center 3 3/8".

I have one sitting here in my home DAR office and just measured it.

Make sure when you engrave it that your name (builder), Model, and Serial number are as it appears on your FAA 8050-3 (Registration) card from Oklahoma City.

Watch out!

The EAA has received (in my opinion) some bad product. The ink on the data plate removed itself when I removed its protective covering. EAA will replace them if you return the plate with a copy of your receipt.

I chose to go to Aircraft Engravers who can provide a complete engraved data plate of your choice.

I only bring this up because I was counting on the EAA data plate for my inspection this Monday. I can stamp the plate in the shop, but chose AE to have an engraved plate in my hand Monday AM.

Good luck with the inspection.

David

Thanks!

Hey Guys....You are the best! If I had to do it over again I would have gone with Aircraft Engravers instead of my buddy!

Good luck on your inspection on Monday. I think mine might come in on Tuesday since Monday is Columbus Day and USPS won't be running. I just get real nervous when I can't "plan" things.

How much turn-around time did AE have for your dataplate.....just in case!!

Thanks Again,
Michael

Immediately

I called early Friday AM. They agreed to ship the same day. Also ordered insert labels for the various knobs; prop,mixture, etc.

David

Michael...I have a blank EAA plate here at the house, 3.5in x 1.25in. Call me if you want to swing by and pick it up, otherwise, I will toss it in the car and we can meet at the office.

I'm in Cary, not far from Cox Field. The home number is in the book.

4 Years later

Same problem,
Picked up one a OSH this year. The masking tape I used for punch alignment pulled half the paint off the plate when removed 10 min later!
Not worth the time or effort to return, just going to cut my own..