CDBridgesRV7A

Good Day Folks,

I've been a lurker at these forums for a long time now :eek: I'm currently over seas with the Canadian Military but upon my return I plan to start building a RV7A. I flew in my friends RV7A and loved it, so decided I wanted one of my own.

I've been using these forums to glean research/information from experienced builders. Does anyone out there know of an EAA chapter in Eastern Canada, particularly in Nova Scotia? I wouldn't mind talking to a few builders face to face before I launch my own building dreams (plus some helping hands nearby would also be an asset :) )

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers From The Desert!!

Chris

Welcome to the forums and the world of RVs!

I searched eaa.org for you and according to them the only chapter in Nova Scotia is in Annapolis Valley. http://eaa.org/chapters/locator/SearchResults.asp?ChapterDivision=EAA&ChapterNumber=1051

You might want to also contact the Recreational Aircraft Association http://www.raa.ca. They don't appear to have anything listed for Nova Scotia but the website may not be up to date. Out here in Winnipeg, EAA is more active with the Young Eagles and the RAA is involved with the airplane builders.

Cheers and come back safe. :)

Just had a meeting less than two weeks ago (Sunday) in Waterville (next door to Berwick) with chapter 1051. It was about encouraging new members. We will be glad to have as a member. We just completed our RV-10 in July and used it to fly to the meeting.
Ron

Thanks for the reply folks. It's great to see that I have an EAA chapter right on my door step. I fly out of CCW3 so it will be great to have some experienced builders that I can talk too.

Cheers From The Desert

Chris

Ahhh, teenage memories :p Did my Air Cadet glider training in Waterville (bussed in everyday from Greenwood) back when the Michelin plant there was fairly new. Grew up in the Greenwood/Kingston area.

I'm currently posted to Greenwood. I did my civi flight training out of Shearwater but also did some of it out of Waterville. The Michelin plant is still there :) It's nice having an airport right on your back door step.