Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
OK, We have the details mostly worked out for our April meeting. Our speaker will be Paul Dye, one of the Lead Flight Directors for NASA's Manned Space Program. He will talk about the Space Shuttle as the fastest and highest flying aircraft ever built. His talk will focus on the questions that pilots most frequently ask - How does it fly? What are the controls and displays like? And what is the flight profile like. He will share some of the experiences he has had in his 25 year career as part of the Shuttle operations team, including the excitement of participating in many of the vehicle great "firsts".
The meeting will be at Dallas Executive Airport (RBD) on 4/14 starting promptly at 10:30 am. It will be in the northern most hangar on the east side of runway 17. Drinks and snacks will be available. A donation "kitty" will be out to help defray costs.
If you need further information call Mel at 972-784-7544

EAA168 Meeting

Mel,
Does you chapter have guidelines on bringing children? I have a 12 year old that really has his sights set on being an astronaut.

Looking Forward to it!

I "get" to do a fair number of public appearances for the agency each year, but I really look forward to the rare times when I get to talk to pilots - and a homebuilding crowd has got to be one of the best! This is an official NASA-approved PR, so I'll be talking much more Shuttle stuff than I do when I go to the typical RV fly-in lunch....

One of the founding principles of NASA is that we are required to share what we have learned with the public, so this is your chance to come and hear just how we fly the Shuttle. I appreciate the invitation and the opportunity Mel!

Paul

By All Means

kaceyd9plus said:
Mel,
Does you chapter have guidelines on bringing children? I have a 12 year old that really has his sights set on being an astronaut.
Children are welcome. Just be sure that they are "Airplane Savy" as we will be out on the ramp looking at the aircraft at times.

Out of towners

I will be in Dallas for the Nascar race on Sunday and would like to if out of towners would be welcome to come to your meeting. I would probly be coming by myself because everyone else likes to go to the Busch race. Me, I would rather look at airplane stuff.

Jim Knight
Burlington Iowa
RV-6 175 hours

You Bet!

Even Yankees are welcome! (That's any one from north of the Red River.)