LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Am I doing this right?

I ordered Van's Baffle kit for an IO 360 on an RV7a for $275. There's nothing on the site about the oil cooler mount.

I tear into the kit only to learn on page three of the instructions that if you want to mount your oil cooler on the baffle (don't most people?), you have to order the EA OIL COOLER MOUNT KIT.

I go to Van's Web site and after some difficulty, find the EA OIL COOLER MOUNT KIT entry. There is NO description associated with it, only a price of $180.

Is that right? $180 for a couple of mods to one cylinder's baffling?

If it's not right, can someone send me part numbers or other information?

Ah, OK, good. I don't need 99% of the junk in that kit. From the instructions, it sounded like big pieces needed to be replaced. Now all I need is to get the items I do need to come up on the online ordering system. :D

Last edited:
+ $4 handling + $8 shipping. :D Cost of $7 part = $19. One of these days I'm going to go through all the invoices and add up all the s&h charges over the last 10 years. :(

I hear you

I try to wait until I have at least a hundred dollar order before I make a call to Van's. I just got my baffle kit and will start on assembly shortly. I already have my oil cooler and the tubing for the bolt spacers for the sides. I'll have to look deeper and find out what else I need for the install. Reading others people post it looks like its better to wait on the oil cooler placement until need the end of the baffle assembly because you might need to adjust where you have it.

Bob, Do you have an angle valve IO-360? The IO-360 kit is for the angle valve and the O-360 kit is for the parallel valve. Also the oil cooler kit comes with two hoses that won't fit a lot of applications. Don