Larry DeCamp

Well Known Member
Friend
Numerous treads address mechanical pump diaphragm as incompatible. A Credible source confirms alcohol mogas does not corrode RV tanks or aluminum fuel lines. So, does anyone know of an E10 compatible fuel pump or replacement diaphragm ?

Numerous treads address mechanical pump diaphragm as incompatible. A Credible source confirms alcohol mogas does not corrode RV tanks or aluminum fuel lines. So, does anyone know of an E10 compatible fuel pump or replacement diaphragm ?

Neither it affects the diaphragm. Nearing 3,000 hours on the stock fuel pump, a good 3/4 of fuel was bought straight from the gas stations. Just don't let it sit in the system keep it always fresh and if you have a bit of LL left in one tank fill up the system with it before shutting the engine off. Exercise caution when operating at high power settings/higher engine loads your temperatures will be all over the place. Learn how to control them. Just one experimentalist opinion :)

Hi Larry,

I had a phone conversation several years ago with one of their techs about using ethanol. He told me that there aren't any issues with the carb at all, and that older (probably decades older, now) diaphragms will eventually fail if exposed to ethanol continuously.

However.

He said that the 'soft' stuff in the pump had been replaced with new, ethanol proof material. He said that they've never certified the product for alcohol (no reason to, for certified applications), but that they switched materials because they could no longer get the non-E-proof materials since everything else runs on E-gas now. (He didn't say this, but perhaps it was for parts commonality with non-aviation products; those pumps are basically what was and is on carb'd car engines for decades.)

So there you go. Worth what you paid for it, etc. Give 'em a call; I found that they were happy to discuss the issue (without going 'on record', of course).

Charlie