Jekyll

Well Known Member
E-mag MAP connections

How have other builders plumbed e-mags to the MAP system?

I've spent about 2 hours going through catelogs ond searching the web for hardware to connect my e-mag and p-mag to the MAP line with no luck. I have the Van's map kit which comes with a pre-made braided hose and f/w fitting. The fitting has the flair on the cabin side cut off and a 1/8 hose barb screwed into it.

My desire is to use a modified F/W fitting so that I can use the Van's braided hose as is to connect to the engine and run the rubber hose off a nipple to the e-mags. The AN-804 seems to be the best bet for this but I'll need to figure out how to connect 1/8 in ID rubber hose to 2 of the runs.

link to AN-804: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an804.php

I can't find the threaded barbs. Does anyone know where Van's gets them for the VA-170 F/W fitting/restrictor?

I would rather not replace the braided hose that came with the Van's MAP kit.

Jekyll

7A/TMX-IO-360

Last edited:
MAP Connections

Hi Jekyll:

For my RV-8 project I needed to support two different MAP hose sizes. The PMAGS take a 1/8 ID hose, the Dynon sensor takes a 1/4 ID hose. I ended up returning Vans MAP hose kit and did the following.

1. Purchased a brass restrictor fitting from Wicks aircraft.

2. Purchased a stainless steel braided hose from Pegasus racing

3. Ran the steel braided hose from #3 cylninder to the manifold and branched out from there.

manifoldpressure008dj5.jpg

Mike Draper
RV-8
Finish