logansc

Well Known Member
Sigh... would someone (yet again) take the time to drop by E-Mag at Oshkosh and see what the hold up is now? Let us know what you find out, please...

Whew!

Lee...

One would assume you are referring to the mythical 6 cylinder unit:confused:

Last edited:
Sigh... would someone (yet again) take the time to drop by E-Mag at Oshkosh and see what the hold up is now? Let us know what you find out, please...

Whew!

Lee...

I out there in April after Sun n Fun to drop off my Pmag's for a tuneup and software upgrade.

Brad gave me the full tour of the operations including the 6 cyl Pmag.

It really did appear they are very close now to getting them out and I would be surprised if they didn't have them at "this" Oshkosh.

I love my Pmag's and can only imagine your frustration in the wait....but I think the wait is more along the lines of the certification process the 6 cyl has vs. the 4cyl.

(Yes, I know we don't need it, but I think as a business they need to do it for revenue reasons along with reliability lessons learned)

Fingers crossed!

Go to the booth

I have been promised that the 6 cyl unit will be available since I was building in 2008. Each year new promises were made about delivery dates. If you believe the latest promise I have some swamp land in Florida I want to talk to you about. When you actually have one in hand that will be the delivery date. They have cried wolf too often.

I have been promised that the 6 cyl unit will be available since I was building in 2008. Each year new promises were made about delivery dates. If you believe the latest promise I have some swamp land in Florida I want to talk to you about. When you actually have one in hand that will be the delivery date. They have cried wolf too often.

AFAIK there are several airplanes that have been flying with the 6cy E-Mag for a while now as part of the testing and documentation process. If I am not mistaken a few of them are even members of this board.
:cool:

I held one in my hand at OSH 2011-----and was told it was going to be released by the end of the year.

I finally got tired of waiting, so I bought the CPI system from Ross. And, saved $1300 or so over the pmags.

I truly do wish them good luck with the 6 cyl units, and hope they are "all that they can be"-------but for me, the wait was over and I moved on.

Last edited:
Go back and look at the archives. There were a LOT of issues with the four cylinder versions, now resolved.

Be thankful they are being cautious with this new version.

For the record, we will develop a six cylinder EICommander as soon as we can get our hands on one, which should be VERY soon.

You know to be perfectly honest, I am not really complaining. I know how hard and what a challenge developing and certifying new products can be, so my disappointment is just that I'm definitely ready for this product. In truth though, we'll get it when we get it. I'm just hoping this is the year!

Thanks, Tom!

Lee...

Bill, you're still working for free! See ya' soon hopefully.
Free?! Are you kidding me, I pay them to have the pleasure of working on their stuff.

I look forward to catching up with you Scott. I want to hear about your -8.

You know to be perfectly honest, I am not really complaining. I know how hard and what a challenge developing and certifying new products can be, so my disappointment is just that I'm definitely ready for this product. In truth though, we'll get it when we get it. I'm just hoping this is the year!

Thanks, Tom!

Lee...

Lee, check your PM's.

E-mag

I will be installing the new electronic mag from SureFly tomorrow on my 10. This unit will be available at Oshkosh and was developed by the same people who did skytec and plane power.

Sam Butler
Rv-10
Rv-12
Rv-7a
Rv-7