dan carley

Well Known Member
I installed 1 e mag in my rv4 a few weeks ago and over the weekend it failed keep going out of timing by 180 degrees. Anyone else been having problems with them

Dan carley

E-mag's or P-mag?

The E-mag's have been out of production for a few years. (The company is called Emag though.)

If you have an older E or P-mag, you should get it in for the latest software upgrade. Version 40 solved some lost timing issues.

One other thing, the P-mags have a "lost spark" and will fire on the exhaust stroke but not necessarily 180 degrees out.

Call Brad at Emag.

emag

it is the latest firmware according to brad. he is puzzled by it too
he's sending a new one out today. i'm sending this one back so he can look at it.

danny

off the top of my head

...seems like the wasted spark, if that's what he's seeing, would occur 360 degrees out, not 180. But I could be wrong, yet again :rolleyes:

emag

after retiming the emag when you start the engine on the emag {I have one regular mag} the timming will move buy it self and start miss firing and won't stay running unless you turn on regular mag.

after that happens when you check the timing again the green light will not go on at tdc but will go on about 180 past tdc.

danny

Brad is always puzzled.. He just sells them, Tom designed them. Ask him. Emags and Pmags have had plenty of problems and failures. First hand experience with mine and friends. Use an EI Commander!

e mag

brad overnighted a new one to me today and it works perfectly. good company to work with

thanks
dan carley