Ron B.

Well Known Member
I've been all afternoon trying to fill out a manifest, man the US gov't does not want us Canadians coming over at least by aircraft. The E-APIS site will not work for an AC leaving canada going into the US. It ask for a departure time from the US first, which for me is after the Sun n Fun fly in and then for an arrival time which is when I cross over to the US leaving Canada, for the Flyin. A responce comes back saying I'm leaving Canada before I leave the US,and to correct my mistake. I guess I'm suposed to truck my ac to the US then fly to Sun n Fun, fly it back to Canada.
One would think some one at Border patrol would have the vision to see a Canadian wanting to fly his ac across the US border?
I'm sure I am missing something so that I don't have to submit incorrect information in order to send in my request.
Help Please.
Ron

We use Arinc to file electronically and using that program we don't get a "US Departure" question first or in addition to the "Normal".

We go to Canada all the time and as we exit the USA we state our departure airport (which is a US airport), but when we come back the first question is "Departure Airport" we put in CYYZ and arrival to a KHPN and have no issues.

Maybe you are using a 3 letter code?

Belweive me...I am not saying the US Govenment programs are easy! Don't get me started on what we have to do for DASSP :mad:

Good Luck! and if it makes you feel better we all know you did you best and if you end up in EAPIS Jail the forum pilots will send you weekly updates on all the RV stuff you will miss out on;)

I canceled everything and started over. This time I found the arriving into the US page at the beginning. Still very frustrating set up as most have indicated.
I do now have a arrival manifest submitted.
Ron

Yes if you have a memory, which I don't. I'll have to figure it out all over again for the return trip!!!

file the return trip before you leave home. If there are major changes just call them and let them know.

Last edited:
+1 to Tom's comment. I file my return trip before leaving home too, even for return trips a few days in advance. Once you're on file, you have an EAPIS record that you're going to leave the country. I really think they care less about accuracy than about making sure that one physical exit from the country can be lined up with one EAPIS report saying an exit was going to happen.

I tend to be a lot more precise on my arrivals to the US though. :)

file the return trip before you leave home. If there are major changes just call them and let them know.

Hi Tom,

I'm reading this with interest since I'm hoping to head out to SNF on Wednesday . When you say let "them" know , do you mean the office at the airport you named as your CBP departure point ?

Marc

Thanks Guy's , I'll find a way to let you know if we are in CBP jail.
Tom , you say give them a call, are you refering to the E-APIS authorities or the Customs people at the airport you are departing from (on our return trip)?

You are wise to be careful about the eAPIS process. With CBP stating recently that they were going to start nailing people for mistakes, I will probably never venture outside the USA again.

I recall going through an online tutorial on eAPIS. Not sure if it was a CBP or AOPA site but you should be able to find it.

Last edited:
On your return flight, when you file the eapis, you have to list the a customs airport. You do not have to land at that airport but you have to list one. Get the phone number for that airport, likely the one you cleared at going into the US, and call them if there is a major deviation from plan on the return flight.

Your return EAPIS is good for the day. If you need to change your time of arrival or departure simply phone customs at the AOE you used for your arrival or departure. Be sure to note the name of the officer you speak to.
I have found the US customs folks are quite friendly as long as you play by the rules. The big items for them are stay in the plane until asked to exit and cell phones off in the customs area.

You are wise to be careful about the eAPIS process. With CBP stating recently that they were going to start nailing people for mistakes, I will probably never venture outside the USA again.

I recall going through an online tutorial on eAPIS. Not sure if it was a CBP or AOPA site but you should be able to find it.

You may want to subscribe to something like FLTplan.com. They do all our part 135 eapis filings. The form you fill out is straight forward and they do the conversion to geovernmentese. Really a time saver.

Thanks Guy's, things are improving.While having lunch I get a call on my cell from CBP asking my intentions. I guess the old US of A knows just how important of a man I am. Just in case someone does not understand I'm joking. Where as I had not called yet and asked for clearance to land, they called me to see if I knew that I must do so before leaving.
We are now cleared for entry. Today's weather here is not perfict and a similiar day if forcast for tomorrow. Hopefully we will get started on our venture tomorrow.
Thanks Ron