Falcon900EX

I'm New Here
Hi Everyone,

I'm completing my master's degree in aerospace science from Embry-Riddle and am conducting a research project on the subject of E-AB aircraft safety. I'm asking for everyone's help by completing a survey. The more responses I can get, the more statistically significant the results are likely to be!

Description: This survey will analyze attitudes, behaviors, and opinions of pilots regarding GA and E-AB aircraft safety.

Eligibility Requirements: Respondents must be licensed pilots.

Time Required: Approximately 5-10 minutes.

Compensation: Aside from my sincere gratitude, there will be no actual reward for participating in this survey.

The survey is located at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EABAircraftSafetySurvey

Thanks very much in advance for taking the few minutes to help out!

Regards,
Phil Geddes

took your survey. But didn't answer the section about most "likely cause"...2 reasons:

1. there was no choice for, "Pilot error"
2. also you had the choices set up on a scale 1-10, but did not indicate which is best 1 or 10. If I'm picking quarterbacks I'll take a #1, If I'm picking a prom date I'll pick a 10. ;)

Done, not a great survey, but we need to get behind any safety effort being made out there. It is all good. Thanks and Good luck with this Phil.

2. also you had the choices set up on a scale 1-10, but did not indicate which is best 1 or 10. If I'm picking quarterbacks I'll take a #1, If I'm picking a prom date I'll pick a 10. ;)

I took the numbering system as, #1 would be the #1 reason.

Thanks!

I got an overwhelming response within the first hour of my post. You guys are great! There are certainly things I would've done differently the second time around, but I tried to overcome the limitations of this survey with plenty of opportunities for comments.

As most of you guessed (which I obviously overlooked) was that for the "operational pitfalls" question 1="most likely".

For others interested in participating, I'll be locking this survey on July 15th. Again, I am humbled by support I've received.

Best Regards,
Phil Geddes

Certified engine question?

I took the survey and absolutely do not understand the inclusion of certified engines being allowed in ex. Aircraft?

I took the survey and absolutely do not understand the inclusion of certified engines being allowed in ex. Aircraft?

If I read it correctly, it was just asking for your opinion on whether or not certified engines should be required. My answer is, the safety of a particular engine lies mainly within the details of its installation and maintenance, not whether or not the engine type itself is fully tested and blessed by FAA certification.

Phil, good luck with your project. I know from experience that research is not easy. I filled in your comment boxes with lots of qualitative data. ;)

If I read it correctly, it was just asking for your opinion on whether or not certified engines should be required. My answer is, the safety of a particular engine lies mainly within the details of its installation and maintenance, not whether or not the engine type itself is fully tested and blessed by FAA certification.

Phil, good luck with your project. I know from experience that research is not easy. I filled in your comment boxes with lots of qualitative data. ;)

Thanks for the clarification Katie! Btw really glad to see you guys putting lots of hardwork into getting one of the best rv's imho back to the shape it deserves!

Thanks again!

All,

Once again, thanks for your participation in this survey. I received responses from more than 150 pilots, and more than 130 completions. Here's a summary of results. I will hopefully be able to provide some analysis as I get closer to the completion of my project.

Stats1.jpg

Stats2.jpg

Stats3.jpg

Stats4.jpg

Best Regards,
Phil Geddes