lr172

Well Known Member
Dynon Support,

Can you give me the Messages / Sentences that are transmitted on the RS-232 connection when using a D100 with an HS34? Please separate them for NMEA and Aviation format.

I searched, but could not find this. Please feel free to post a link to this data if available on-line somewhere.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry, We're happy to get you what you need, but I'm not clear on what you are asking for. Can you try and clarify? Also, knowing what you are trying to do would be helpful.

Generically, very little is transmitted out of the HS34. In fact, no Aviation is transmitted out, and the only NMEA is the SL-30 commands for tuning and OBS I believe.

If you are looking for what comes out of the D100 serial port, that is in the user manual. It's not NMEA or Aviation since those are GPS sentences, it is a proprietary Dynon sentence for the ADAHRS data, but it is fully documented.

Larry, We're happy to get you what you need, but I'm not clear on what you are asking for. Can you try and clarify? Also, knowing what you are trying to do would be helpful.

Generically, very little is transmitted out of the HS34. In fact, no Aviation is transmitted out, and the only NMEA is the SL-30 commands for tuning and OBS I believe.

If you are looking for what comes out of the D100 serial port, that is in the user manual. It's not NMEA or Aviation since those are GPS sentences, it is a proprietary Dynon sentence for the ADAHRS data, but it is fully documented.

I found this on your wiki:

ARINC-429 Labels Transmitted by the HS34

100G : OBS Value
203: Pressure Alt
204: Baro Corrected Alt
210: True Airspeed
211: Total Air Temperature
320: Magnetic Heading

Basic ARINC-429 Labels Received by the HS34
For NAV Radio

034G: VOR/ILS FREQUENCY (BCD)
100: OBS Value
173: LOCALIZER DEVIATION
174: GLIDESLOPE DEVIATION
222: VOR OMNIBEARING

Please confirm this is accurate for the AIRINC-429 connections. I will look in manual for the serial messages. I was looking in the install manual.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,
I see from your post over here that you are probably trying to use this to hook to a Trio AP.

The D100 doesn't pass through any GPS nav data, so we can't help source the Trio with better data.

Trio makes a great AP, but have you considered using the AP that is built right into your D100? It will follow the GPS, NAV, HDG and TRK. Only $1,500 for two servos.

Larry,
I see from your post over here that you are probably trying to use this to hook to a Trio AP.

That was the original reason for my request, but I have others, including hooking up the D100 to my KLN-90b. I still need the above AIRINC transmit commands confirmed, as they provide the lateral navigation details for the KLN-90b. I assume because they are on the wiki that they are accurate. However, I learned yesterday that the D100 has limited functionality on the outputs compared to the Skyview and now have concerns about the plan I have in place. Please confirm that the AIRINC sentences on the Wiki work with the D100.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,
I see from your post over here

Trio makes a great AP, but have you considered using the AP that is built right into your D100? It will follow the GPS, NAV, HDG and TRK. Only $1,500 for two servos.

I didn't realize that it was "built-in." I thought that I had to buy the AP74 module in addition to the servos. Did I misunderstand that?

Larry

The AP74 is optional. If you install just the servos you can control the AP via the soft keys on the D100.

Since the KLN-90B is just a GPS and is not precision approach capable, I'm not sure you need the HS34. You should be able to just hook up via the serial AVIATION output to get your CDI on the D100 and to allow the AP to fly the guidance. What are you hoping to use the KLN to do?

In any case, the wiki is correct on the HS34 output labels.

Since the KLN-90B is just a GPS and is not precision approach capable, I'm not sure you need the HS34. You should be able to just hook up via the serial AVIATION output to get your CDI on the D100 and to allow the AP to fly the guidance. What are you hoping to use the KLN to do?

I am looking to use the D100 as my CDI for the KLN-90 and the SL30. I was told that I needed the HS34 to get auto-scaling of the HSI/CDI needle for GPS approaches. I understood that even non-precision approaches change the CDI deviation scale in the approach. Is this a misunderstanding of mine? Also, your wiki only confirms the KLN-90 integration with ARINC and not Serial, so I have no assurance serial will work.

I want the KLN-90 to get TAS and ALT information, as it has features available that require that information, such as Wind information.

Thanks,

Larry

Dynon with a KLN-90B

Hi Larry

I'm using a KLN-90B with my Dynon Skyview and it is working flawlessly.I'm also using the Arinc 429.

I understand it could be different with a D100 but if you want it I could send you the info on how I set it up with the Skyview.

PM or E-Mail is fine

Best of luck

Bruno
[email protected]