terryb

I'm New Here
Hello All, I recently purchased a RV6A with good build quality and am looking for advise on panel upgrades. I currently also have a C182 that has a Garmin panel we finished this year with dual G5's, G500, Gtn 650xi, dual primary EI CGR combo which I am happy with although I came close to going with a Dynon panel. I would like opinions on pros/cons of Dynon vs. Garmin, particularly wrt probable resale value. I would be doing the install with my local IA so probably not a lot of difference in labor costs. I tend to keep an airplane for 2-3 years then change so want to be cost efficient. I am instrument rated so will design the panel with light IFR planned.
thanks, Terry
IMG_3381.jpegIMG_3382.jpegIMG_5050.jpeg

Hi Terry - looks like you joined VAF fairly recently, so you might not be aware that there are twenty (plus) years of archives with hundreds of threads and literally THOUSANDS of responses stored here on this very question - do some searching, and then if you have questions that haven’t been addressed, you might see if anyone can answer them. These threads quickly devolve into “well I bought this, so it must be the best” responses…..

Paul

Hi Terry - looks like you joined VAF fairly recently, so you might not be aware that there are twenty (plus) years of archives with hundreds of threads and literally THOUSANDS of responses stored here on this very question - do some searching, and then if you have questions that haven’t been addressed, you might see if anyone can answer them. These threads quickly devolve into “well I bought this, so it must be the best” responses…..

Click here for some search results.

Strickly from an aircraft transition standpoint, having the same operating system in both aircraft takes much less brain power.