High_Flyer

Well Known Member
Good morning,
I'm finishing up my wiring.
I have a full Dynon skyview with the EMS220, and a VP-X sport.
Question:
where do I take the input for voltage monitoring?
Dynon manual says to "connect the pin to a point in the electrical system that you wish to monitor".
I can't find anything in the VP-X manual.
I'm thinking to connect at the power input of the VP-X, that's the big cable coming stright from the battery contactor. Is that OK??
Thanks,
Alain.

Dynon recommends the use of a shunt, to which you can connect the two wires used for measuring [AMPS].

Aircraft Spruce carries them.

AMPS Shunt 0-60 10-01178 $15.65

Last edited:
Dynon recommends the use of a shunt, to which you can connect the two wires used for measuring voltage.

Aircraft Spruce carries them.

AMPS Shunt 0-60 10-01178 $15.65

A shunt is used to measure AMPS not VOLTS. For VOLTS you can connect the wire at the power input of the VP-X that is not a problem.

FWIW: Since the VP-X already measures voltage I would run a 22ga or smaller wire directly to the battery and put a .5A fuse as close to the battery terminal as you can for protection. Now the DYNON monitors voltage at the battery.

:cool:

Galin is correct that you'd be measuring AMPS at the shunt. See the Dynon installation manual para 7-53 for more information on either configuration.

Amps and volts

Thanks for the replies.
Yes Amps and volts are not the same thing...
I've connected both amps pins on each side of the shunt using the splice method, not the fuse method, as described in the Dynon EMS instructions (both are OK) and the VOLTS at the power supply cable of the VP-X.
Everything works fine.
Now back to more wiring...

Alain.