ron sterba

Well Known Member
QBRV9A.......Ready to install my Dynon manifold pressure kit from Dynon with Vans braided line. I have seen Dynons black pressure block mounted on the engine firewall side and another on the other side of the firewall. Is there a preferred location? Was wondering how they all hook up? Pictures would be great if you have them. Much appreciated any thoughts you might have!
Thanks Ron in Oregon. QBRV9A

Van's kit should have a blue fitting to penetrate the firewall with a small hose barb on it. Then you need to adapt it to the Dynon sensor size. I've used plastic hose and RTV and/or heat shrink in the past to make the transition. I would also recommend that you not put the plastic box on the engine side of the firewall.

The manufacturer says the transducer can be on the engine side of the firewall. That is where we have ours. 400 hrs and ton sting.
Phelps

Someone was having trouble with that on my wife's forum the other day. His last post was "God donut, how the duck do you turn this off ?"

Not for the Dynon, but I used Van's recommended spot for the manifold on the firewall. It was pretty easy to branch out to the various pressure ports from there. Manifold on top (also branched off to EI Manifold sensors), oil in the middle and fuel on the bottom.
BDD1F376-7859-4FBB-BFAA-C0A423782FCD-687-00000037AB7332D3_zps28d4f753.jpg

BBCE0473-2091-4400-8876-6FF804DC4180-1206-000000662C8FD1EF_zps7bee0306.jpg

Jesse I looked and looked and found that fitting with the barbed point on it. Ok sounds like I have found a spot on the inside(cockpit) side to mount the Dynon unit. Ok I can make a compatible tube change over, Now its coming together.

NICE LAY OUT CRABANDY. great PICTURES FOR SHOW AND TELL HERE. funny ABOUT AUTO CORRECT. It changed Crabandy to counterband! lucky I caught it and changed it. Much clearer how. Site getting pretty good hits. I guess its a show how the newly built panels are going glass. We are going to have a field day when its time to sell the plane. I hear the market is finding a lot of non-builders are buying our planes, and thats way cool for the bottom line. Ron

For my Dynon MAP sensor installation I replaced Vans modified -4 fitting at the firewall with a -4 straight to 45* bulkhead fitting. I then used a push-on to AN hose fitting and some 1/4" fuel hose to connect to the sensor on the cabin side of the firewall. Forward of the firewall the install is per-plans with the Vans Kit SS hose.

FP03032013A0004P.jpg

FP04112012A0002Y.jpg

In my personal plane, I put the MAP sender on the engine side of the firewall. It's a "plastic" sender, but so are all the insulators, connectors, etc on all the senders on you plane, and it's designed to be on the hot side. So whatever is better for you is fine.

--Ian Jordan
Dynon Avionics