jthocker

Well Known Member
Does anybody know if the Dynon pressure transducers will work with the G3X?
The manual gives an option for some UMA sensors. Wondering which sensors the Dynon ones are.

Does anybody know if the Dynon pressure transducers will work with the G3X?
The manual gives an option for some UMA sensors. Wondering which sensors the Dynon ones are.

If you have the new Dynon Kavlico, then likely yes (because that's what Garmin has used all along, just recently adopted by Dynon), but if you have the older ones then likely no. You'll probably have to purchase the three pressure transducers to make the swap...if I recall you probably have the older type.

Cheers,
Stein

And Jon....once you see those new Kavlico 'ducers, you're gonna fall in love with them - you'll waste no time ripping out the old stuff....

Paul, can you elaborate?...seems a 'ducer is a 'ducer for the unknowing mind like mine. I have a dynon SV with the pre kavlico transducers.

And Jon....once you see those new Kavlico 'ducers, you're gonna fall in love with them - you'll waste no time ripping out the old stuff....

You're right Paul! Since doing Greg Reese's G3X panel last fall, and helping on 2 more this spring, it's been just too much for me to take. As Stein predicted, the "lust" was overwhelming, and I am smitten! I think even he might be surprised at how quickly the "affair" developed.;)

Paul, can you elaborate?...seems a 'ducer is a 'ducer for the unknowing mind like mine. I have a dynon SV with the pre kavlico transducers.

Compact, solid, tiny - with a really nice weather-proof, automotive-type connector. Way beter than the old "tin can" type 'ducers. And yup - they cost more.

Kavlico = all solid state, modern technology. Whats not to like? Cut open one of the old VDO sensors and you will be amazed.....amazed they work at all!

sender21265214082.jpg

Last edited:
Cool - picture Brian! I have no idea why I've never cut one of those open before - I have a couple of failed ones sitting around...

Stein!

I hace a Dynon D-100 and D-120 in my RV-8, I am really thinking to upgrade to Garmin G3X, do you know if I can use my probes, CHT, EGT, Red cube, Oil temp, MAP, RPM, Fuel Sender?, I understand I should by kavlico fuel and oil pressure and that it's OK but what about other.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Stein!

I hace a Dynon D-100 and D-120 in my RV-8, I am really thinking to upgrade to Garmin G3X, do you know if I can use my probes, CHT, EGT, Red cube, Oil temp, MAP, RPM, Fuel Sender?, I understand I should by kavlico fuel and oil pressure and that it's OK but what about other.

Cheers,

From your list you should be able to use the CHT, EGT, Red Cube, RPM and fuel senders. You'll need new pressure transducers (Oil Press, Fuel Press, Manifold Press) as well as possibly oil temp, OAT, and maybe AMPS (though sometimes the existing ones will work if they are the right type). You may want to contact Hernan S who last fall installed a G3X into his RV7 in Santiago....he should be able to give you some additional details and possibly let you see his installation.

Cheers,
Stein

From your list you should be able to use the CHT, EGT, Red Cube, RPM and fuel senders. You'll need new pressure transducers (Oil Press, Fuel Press, Manifold Press) as well as possibly oil temp, OAT, and maybe AMPS (though sometimes the existing ones will work if they are the right type). You may want to contact Hernan S who last fall installed a G3X into his RV7 in Santiago....he should be able to give you some additional details and possibly let you see his installation.

Cheers,
Stein

Thanks Stain,

I have been reading G3X manual and I got answer to most of my questions. Hernan is working on his 7 pretty close to my hangar but instrument are not installed yet:(
I am just waiting to fly behind garmin G3X on Hernan's 7 so I can take final determination about my pane upgrade:D
Also we are working hard (not sure if we are working with or again) with Chilean FAA (DGAC) to get approval to fly IFR with experimental planes.

Cheers,

Last edited: