MartySantic

Well Known Member
Has anyone downloaded the Dynon Support program from the Dynon website, loaded it on the laptop and used it to communicate with the D-180? The checklists as loaded in the D-180 as shipped from Van's are generic and NOT for the RV-12.

Any pointers??

POH

Marty,

Haven't yet but I will. Can you use the Van's supplied POH to change to checklist that is in the EFIS? Via the computer or do you have to use the actual EFIS?

Has anyone downloaded the Dynon Support program from the Dynon website, loaded it on the laptop and used it to communicate with the D-180? The checklists as loaded in the D-180 as shipped from Van's are generic and NOT for the RV-12.

Any pointers??

Been using the Support Program with a D-10(A) for several years. Make sure your laptop and EFIS is on power that won't be interrupted, follow directions per the manual, and it will work fine.

Last edited:
Marty,

Haven't yet but I will. Can you use the Van's supplied POH to change to checklist that is in the EFIS? Via the computer or do you have to use the actual EFIS?

Peter,

I downloaded the program from the Dynon website and the loaded it on the laptop. Seems pretty intuitive. You can change the checklists.

The only thing I do not know is if you can compose the checklist on the kitchen table and then take the laptop out to the plane and upload the new checklists.

The other option would be to do all with the laptop connected to the Dynon. Download the old checklists from the Dynon to the laptop, save them, make the changes and then upload the new checklists to the Dynon??

Maybe someone knows if the offline and online option exists??

Yes, you can do the checklist changes offline from the comfort of your living room! Save them on the laptop and upload them later. The program gives you those options in the menu.

I used the Dynon Support program to first download the info from the Dynon to the laptop, edited the 25 screens, then uploaded the 25 screens specific for the RV12 to the Dynon. Worked very well.

If you would like a copy of the screen info I used, send me a PM.