N42AH

Well Known Member
As a new RV-9A owner with a Dynon EFIS D-100 and EMS D-10 is am hesitant to do my first software upgrade un-supervised or assisted. Being in the software business, I know how easy it is to blow something up. So if there is someone in the Atlanta area who would like to help me upgrade to the latest and greatest version please raise your hand.

Thanks,

As a new RV-9A owner with a Dynon EFIS D-100 and EMS D-10 is am hesitant to do my first software upgrade un-supervised or assisted. Being in the software business, I know how easy it is to blow something up. So if there is someone in the Atlanta area who would like to help me upgrade to the latest and greatest version please raise your hand.

Thanks,

Steve, congratulations on the new plane!

Having upgraded software in Dynons several times, I can assure you the process is easy and quite robust. If you can't get any help just follow instructions and the upgrade will go fine. If you don't interrupt power to the units during the upgrade you will eliminate about the only potential snag.

Steve,

This is easy to do, nothing to worry about. Just make sure you have your notebook is plugged into the wall when you do the upload as you don't want to interrupt the upgrade process.

Plug the D100 in to the PC, start the program, and start the upgrade. It will ask you if you want to back up the current software, reply "Yes", and then continue.

Once that is done, do the D10 and you are good to go.

Should you tell it to update the D100 while you are plugged into the D10, it will recognize this and let you know.

Dynon does not overwrite your current settings, so they will remain the same.

Could not be easier

I did my first one last week and as Bill said just make sure the Notebook is running on AC power and you will be fine. Just choose the product and then I used the "Detect Firmware Version" option to make sure I was communicating and then I updated. Very simple, great program:)

Thanks

Thanks guys, I will give it a shot, especiallyy since it doesn't over right the existing settings.

Thanks guys, I will give it a shot, especiallyy since it doesn't over right the existing settings.

Steve, if you're still stuck I'm in Dunwoody - Send me a PM.

Just make darned sure you have a good battery charge in the unit before starting - last thing you want is a "partial load."

While technically possible to load a unit using the internal battery, we very much suggest that you use the aircraft battery to power the unit, thus taking the charge state of the internal battery out of the situation.

Fully charged laptop batteries or plugged in laptops are very good ideas though.

While technically possible to load a unit using the internal battery, we very much suggest that you use the aircraft battery to power the unit, thus taking the charge state of the internal battery out of the situation.

Fully charged laptop batteries or plugged in laptops are very good ideas though.

I was assuming he would be doing it at home, where people often jury-rig a power supply. If you alligator clips come loose it is nice to know the internal battery is fully charged.

I also assume that interruption of power during the load is a BAD thing...

:)

In The Aircraft

My plans are to do the upgrades with the units in the aircraft.