6adan

I am building a RV6A and was wondering if and what kind of covering you are putting over the wires going to the auto pilot servos. Pictures would be nice too.

Thanks Dannie

Dannie,
It has been a while, but I do not think I did anything special. I just made sure that they did not frey on any metal. It would be good to encase the wire in a plastic flexible tube that goes to the wing Servo. I ran the wires to the pitch servo down the center of the floor in the fuselage.
all seems to be good.
Best to you in your build, you will like the Dynon.

Dave

I covered the wires coming out of the servo with some expandable sleeving and finished of the ends with heat shrink tubing.

IMG_3627-M.jpg

Unless your wires are directly rubbing on something, there is no actual imperative need to cover them. That said, if you do desire to cover them, then expandable sleeve is what we use, and I've seen customers use everything from heatshrink tubing to silicone tape, all with success. Also, power wires through the Dsub are just fine.

Cheers,
Stein

Dynon Servo Wiring

This is how we wire the Dynon AP Servos with our Advanced Control Module including using a DSUB-9 at the servo. This pin out on the DSUB-9 makes the servo wiring the same as the TruTrak servos. We actually swap the Dynon and TruTrak servos in our RV-10 without changing the wiring for testing. We have a jumper plug with a Skyview Network cable that we plug into the harness at the AF-Pilot when we are flying with the Dynon AP.

16170105470_5f85a955db_o.png

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
N402RH RV-10

Thanks everyone, You say you ran the power wires though the D sub which I like the looks of. Can you tell me which pins you used or dose it matter. On page 206 it shows the power wires not in the D sub. Where do you pull them out to get power?

Look at the post before yours, it shows the power on pin 1 and ground on pin 9.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

The AFS uses the Dynon servos and our control module is designed for both Skyview and AF-5000 systems. The network and remote components are now the same for AFS and Dynon.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10