markscogg

Well Known Member
Skyview was working fine. Turned it off by holding down left button.
Tried to restart it later, just keeps rebooting. See photo of screen.
What is causing this? It's stuck in this loop.
"Could not initialize USB RTIO Port restarting...
1622451_m.jpg

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,
Have you turned it completely off and back on? If it's stuck on the backup battery you can push buttons 1,2,5 at the same time to force a shutdown.

If it happens after a power cycle, the only thing I know of that could cause that is a hardware failure inside the unit. It means the main processor can't talk to one of the accessory processors.

--Ian Jordan

Dynon Rebooting

Yes, turned off the power and held down the left button until it quit.
The only different thing that happened today was this:
After flying, we shut down the unit with the left button before turning off the master switch. That any help?
We usually turn off the master first, then the left button as it is counting down from 30.
Thanks

Mark,
Have you turned it completely off and back on? If it's stuck on the backup battery you can push buttons 1,2,5 at the same time to force a shutdown.

If it happens after a power cycle, the only thing I know of that could cause that is a hardware failure inside the unit. It means the main processor can't talk to one of the accessory processors.

--Ian Jordan

Mark, turning SkyView off with the left button is fully supported so I doubt that had anything to do with it besides a coincidence.

The only suggestion I have to try if you want is that if you have a backup battery, unplug it. You can also try unplugging all the DSAB cables (9 pin) and all USB devices. Unlikey any of those will fix it though I am sorry to say.

Dynon Support please help!

I have tried what you suggested, with no change in the problem.
Left phone message with Tech Support number an hour ago.
Just waiting for someone to tell if I should pull the unit.
Headed for 100 degrees in this hangar.
Thanks
Mark Scoggins
704 258-5276