southtarnation

Well Known Member
I cannot find where I need to hook the power/voltmeter wire from the dynon skyview ems up to when using the vpx. I. Sure its in the manual but I cant find it. Seems like I would want the ems to power up with the screen, so I am thinking that it needs to be on one of the two screen power pins? Maybe it needs its own pin on the vpx?

EMS power

Jesse,

First, the power for the EMS comes from the DB9 Network Cable, so there is no need to do anything with EMS power. Now, the power that is applied to pin 1, the RED wire, on the EMS 37 pin connector, is just so you can display the main battery voltage. Connect it up directly to the battery buss, so you can see your batt volts right out of the battery. Now, you can also use pin 2, the YELLOW wire, on the EMS 37 pin connector, to display voltage from another power source, like a second battery or any other voltage source. You will need to set up the Skyview to display pin 2's volts, by adding a widget to show the second battery volts.

Hope that helps and answers your question.

Brian

The voltage reading can come directly from the VP-X for display on the Skyview page. If you also want the EMS page to show voltage, then you can hook up the red wire to the battery, as mentioned above. That is what I did here:
IMG_3849-M.jpg

I pick off the battery voltage at the VP-X power in lug.