randy737

I'm New Here
I am using a makerplane axis 25a hub to connect two SkyView displays to :
Dynon mode s transponder
Dynon ADSB
Two Dynon 250 gps
SV intercom 2s
Will I induce electrical noise in my audio system if I run my display audio out from both displays to my audio in to my intercom via the the axis hub?

I am using a makerplane axis 25a hub to connect two SkyView displays to :
Dynon mode s transponder
Dynon ADSB
Two Dynon 250 gps
SV intercom 2s
Will I induce electrical noise in my audio system if I run my display audio out from both displays to my audio in to my intercom via the the axis hub?

I recommend running your audio on the AXIS-25A and it works well. It also helps if you follow Dynon's recommendations and terminate both L and R audio with 50 ohms to ground. These 50 ohm resistors can be soldered directly to the AXIS board using the extra holes provided or the can be put on one of your available dsub connectors.

A complete schematic is here:
http://www.vx-aviation.com/sprocket/photos/panel_elec/Rocket_electrical-B1.sch. You will need to install the free software from Expresspcb.com first.

Last edited:
Vern,

Where in Dynon's Skyview installation guide does it mention using 50 ohm resistors on the audio output?

I have a similar 25 pin hub in my installation and it is working fine to split up the various Skyview signals out to all of the various Dynon components. I use this for all of the RX/TX serial pairs, audio, ELT and it seems to be working just fine.

It was on the Dynon Forum about minimizing audio noise from the SkyView. The 50 ohm resistors atteuate the signal level, allowing you to increase the volume setting on the SkyView. This helps drop the SkyView noise floor down.