Dynon

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Dynon Avionics is pleased to announce that SkyView software 12.2 software is now available for download. SkyView 12.2 features support for the new SV-MAG-236 magnetometer (available to order now), an update to its transponder software to support 2020 ADS-B rule compliance, and improvements to SkyView?s ADS-B weather and TFR display capabilities.

SV-MAG-236_web_trans.png

As always, a full list of changes is available, as well as always up-to-date documentation.

Michael Schofield
Marketing Manager
Dynon Avionics

I usually get my updates from the Vans download site to get the RV-12 specific configuration but if I were download an update from the Dynon site and install it, does it overwrite any existing configuration when it does the update or is the existing configuration retained during the update?

Skyview ADS-B 2020 compliance

Still waiting for Dynon to come up with cost effective solution for all the experimentals with installed Skyview systems to meet 2020 deadline. There has to be a pathway that avoids having to install another WAAS GPS and/or additional other manufacturers hardware.

This is what I tell everyone who is chomping at the bit for ADSB "legal" solutions.

4-5 years is a LIFETIME in the avionics world. Look back 5 years and see what has happened! :)

Cheers,
Stein

Van's files, Skyview ver 12.2 & ADSB-470 configuration.

Heads up for those of you who have not yet updated to ver. 12.2 of Skyview software. Last week I used the Van's website files (Skyview RV-12) for this latest update (previously I've downloaded the Dynon updates directly from their website). First flight this weekend and my ADSB-470 system was not operational. It has been operation for over a year now and finding it not working just before entering the runway definitely bothered me. (good or bad, it has become a very reliable part of my flying and having it missing was definitely noticed) Did check the fuse, but since the only system change was the software update, it was likely the issue.

"It appears" that by using the complete set of Skyview update files from the Van's website, the configuration of serial ports for the SV-ADSB-470 module were changed back to the pre-install settings. I'll speculate that since ADSB is not standard, the basic Van's configuration files assume you don't have it installed. This morning I went back to KIA section 53-10, step 3 and changed the configuration for serial port #2 described in the text and that fixed it.

Not sure the s/w update 12.2 offers a whole lot of improvements this time, but if you use the full set of Van's files, and your ADSB functionality changes, it might be resolved this way.

Last edited:
Hi Brent - I'm not sure if you just missed it, but Van's directions for the 12.2 update says you must reinstall your ADS-B settings and they give you directions on how to do it.
Bob