Arie

Well Known Member
Good day guys
I have a Dynon servo (SV32) that I want to install in the wing for the roll servo. My question is the servo arm ,as it comes out of the box , is 90 degrees off to where it should be. It might be better explained that the servo arm is in a horizontal position , but in the installation drawings it shows the arm in a vertical position. Now I can just turn the arm to be vertical , but what is then going to happen if I power up the servo , is it going to return to the horizontal position?
Or do I need to remove the servo arm from the shaft and then place it back on the servo in the correct position?

Seems to me that the easiest thing would be to power it up and run it to the midpoint of the horiz and vertical stops. Use that point for your install.

Of course, it's been a while since I put in a servo, so wiser minds may have better info.

This is a stepper motor. There is no mid point until you do the set up with it installed. In other words, you can spin the output shaft to any location that suits you; the travel that is defined by the ship's control stops then defines the servo's working travel.

Just don't let the arm get anywhere close to over center.

Thank you Toobuilder. I will just rotate the servo arm to the correct position.

And use the inner most hole you can. More resolution of control. Better force output from the available torque. This usually means the middle hole.