Bubblehead

Well Known Member
The Dynon people have been great to work with (as have Stein's) in the installation of my Skyview with 2 A/P servos into my RV-8. One issue that recently came up had to do with the "Range of Motion Limiting Bracket. The way it fit was not the way it was supposed to be oriented.

Here's a picture of how I installed the bracket. I apologize the picture is not better.

DSCN1636-M.jpg

In the picture the bracket is actually upside down! Installed correctly the servo arm would contact the thin edge of the arms of the bracket not the flat surface like I have it installed. That puts the load in an orientation where the bracket is strongest (actually stiffest in my way of thinking.)

Dynon tech help suggested I install some AN-960-10 washers between the bell crank brackets and the body of the servo and then rotate the limiting bracket 180 degrees.

I think my roll servo may have the same problem!

Dynon engineering will take a look at it. Perhaps just a bracket redesign will get the orientation right so the servo can stay mounted tight against the bell crank bracket.

Has any one else noticed this? Shimmed the servo? Left the limiting bracket off or in the improper orientation?

BTW, I have been really impressed by the quality of all the parts of the Skyview and associated systems and as I said before the tech guys have been very helpful the few times I called or emailed with questions.

Servo arm overtravel stopper

One way to add a stop to the servo is to make a 3/4" piece of aluminum rod 5/16" round and drill it lengthwise for a 1" long #6 screw. One of the bracket attachment holes can be used to attach it to the servo.

Johan.

Couple of comments.

1. You are using the outer hole. Don't. Use the next one in.

2. The Vans control surface stops are way more robust than the flimsy dynon bracket, so just centre the travel to be at TDC on the servo, so the movement is either side of a 90 degree point. Make sure it does not go over centre and all is good.