N62XS

Well Known Member
I am looking for ideas, recommendations and photos of Dynon AP roll servo installs in a RV-6 wing. I've been told it has been done to avoid the tight installation in the fuse.

Thanks in advance!

I had a Navaid servo installed in my 6A wing. I didn't like several aspects of that installation. I decided to move to the dynon servos before first flight. I installed the roll servo in the fuse location recommended by tru-trak and dynon. It really wasn't a difficult install and it is not that tight. I also made a bracket similar to the tru-trak via .063 sheet and angles.

Larry

I was going to I stall one in the wing and it appeared much easier to do it on the fuse, so I installed it in the fuse. That's the route I would go. The tough part in the wing is being able to fabricate a bracket to mount it. The mechanism there just isn't conducive to mounting it there. I'd recommend the fuse.

Is there a lot of difference in the aileron bellcrank between the -8 and the -6? I installed a Dynon servo in the wing of my -8 and it went really well. All the brackets came from Dynon.

I think the bellcrank must be substantially different. There was no easy way to get the servo hooked to the bellcrank in the 6 wing, at least the one I worked on.

I've seen several installations on the outboard rib of one of the wings. It would seem easier to install out there instead of under the cabin floor pans.

I've seen several installations on the outboard rib of one of the wings. It would seem easier to install out there instead of under the cabin floor pans.

Not really. I found it difficult to mount the servo solid. The P/O of my kit installed one on the end rib. It looked good, but I was able to make the rib/servo flex and was afraid that it would cause hunting. The fuse install was much easier for a solid installation. It only took me a few hours and that included fabrication of the bracket because I was too cheap to buy one. I bet it's an hour install with a bracket.

the -7 allows for an install near the bellcrank, but not the 6.

Larry