Dynon

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Today Dynon Avionics released software version 5.1 for SkyView systems. This update primarily adds internal datalogging to the system, with user selectable storage rates as fast as 16Hz. This data is stored in a simple CSV format and is easily exported to a USB stick whenever you want to analyze the data.

This is much more than just engine data, and includes all sorts of system parameters like transponder status and even the position of the ailerons and elevators if you have our autopilot!

Visit http://dynonavionics.com/docs/news_version_51_30Jan2013.html for more info.

Problems loading 5.1

Upgrading from 5.0, I'm unable to load 5.1. "Upgrade system software" is not highlighted from the "System Software" menu.
The file is in the root of the USB stick. If I enter the "Load Files" Wizard, the system reads the directory on the stick and confirms that 5.1 is there. I'm seeing the same scenario on two separate Skyview displays which would suggest a problem with the file on the USB stick.
What conditions need to be met for the "Upgrade system software" option to become available?

Upgrade system software scans the drive for a file which ends in .DUP or .DUC and contains SkyView software that is newer than the version on the system.

Thus, the file could be re-named, or it could be corrupt.

You can always try loading the file with "LOAD FILES." All upgrade software does is choose the right file for you. If the file is corrupt, LOAD FILES will tell you when you try to load it. If it does work, we'd be interested to know since then there is no obvious reason why you aren't getting the upgrade option.

Problems loading 5.1

I was able to load the update using "Skyview-5.1.0-Dynon_Update.DUP" as described under "Method 2" for non-US customers on Dynon's Skyview sw support page. Unfortunately this file is missing the databases that I'll have to update separately. However this appears to be a workaround for anyone else who experiences this problem.

5.1 Upgrade Issue

I was able to load the update using "Skyview-5.1.0-Dynon_Update.DUP" as described under "Method 2" for non-US customers on Dynon's Skyview sw support page. Unfortunately this file is missing the databases that I'll have to update separately. However this appears to be a workaround for anyone else who experiences this problem.

I had the same issue up grading.
Used the same solution to resolve