Dmadd

Well Known Member
If you buy a Dynon D-6, or are there any other little "modules" you NEED to buy to make it work as a basic attitude indicator? Or does it actually work as what it is advertised to be?...
I know you can "add on" stuff. I just need a basic attitude indicator....

Thanks

Dennis

Last edited:
Thats what it is made for...I think you can add a remote compass module but I am not sure.

I have a D6

Works great--I have the backup battery installed (inside unit). The D6 needs to connect to pitot and static (and AOA if you want). Comes with magnatometer and harness/wires. I will install the magnatometer in the wingtip using the "remote compass mount" from SafeAir ($26 from Avery).
Bob

thread hijack

Regarding that back up battery,

Does any one know if i can hook up my mgl map1 "its a small less than 50mA draw" to the the back up power source, so the dynon backup battery will power the D6 and my backup engine gauge, "if so,HOW?" THANKS

I suppose it could be done, it is just a li-ion battery inside there. The wires would have to be tapped and fused and you would have to come up with a way to get em out of the Dynon which means a hole would need to be drilled or similar.

Most likely would void the Dynon's warranty if you go drilling into its case.

There are lots of examples of easy to do backup battery systems around the forum archives.