s24789

Well Known Member
Patron
We have a Dynon flightdek 180 with both pitch and roll servos. The pitch servo was and easy connect and checkout. The rolls servo was not that easy. It would not work, I had checked all the wiring 10 times but it still was not joining the network. Mike at Dynon coulD not believe that I thought the servo was bad but was willing to give me an return ticket but wanted me to connect the roll servo to the pitch wiring since that worked well. I was just not ready to tear the roll servo out. I had the idea (actually an electrical engineer friend). He sugguested that since the wing was on a dolly that I ground the wing to the fuselage and try's it again. That was the trick. had I plugged the roll servo into the pitch wiring with a jumper cable I still would not have grounded the wing to the fuselage and sent back a perfectly good servo, that Dynon would say was fine. Moral is when in doubt check the ground potential.
Happy now
Phelps

Odd

That's odd. My harness for both servos has a ground wire going all the was from the AP74 to the servo.

Did you wire it like that or rely on "chassis" ground.

Don

I do not have an AP74 so really need the wing attach to provide a good ground. Not a problem if the wings are on but I wanted to check as much as possible before attaching wings
Phelps