briand

Well Known Member
Where can I buy the Dynon pitot (unheated)? I see safeair has the brkt./mast but no tube.

It just so happens I have Dynon unheated pitot tube that I just recently replaced with a heated pitot. If you're interested, email me at [email protected] or call 9901-218-3736. I was going to put it on ebay pretty soon.

Steve
dsc00356fg1.jpg
[/IMG]

The Dynon pitot tube has provision for the AOA idicator. One tube is for Pitot and one is for AOA. I just capped off the AOA tube and all works well. One side note, the tubing is smaller than the 1/4" aluminum tubing supplied for the pitot line, by VAN's, so you will need a -3 to -4 reducer and the appropriate flared fittings to make it work. If you use the Dynon/SafeAir installation package, everything should work out fine.

sf3543 said:
The Dynon pitot tube has provision for the AOA idicator. One tube is for Pitot and one is for AOA. I just capped off the AOA tube and all works well. One side note, the tubing is smaller than the 1/4" aluminum tubing supplied for the pitot line, by VAN's, so you will need a -3 to -4 reducer and the appropriate flared fittings to make it work. If you use the Dynon/SafeAir installation package, everything should work out fine.

sf3543 is right about the reason for two tubes. I used flexible tubing with barb fittings on my installation and it worked well. On my new heated pitot installation, I am converting to all aluminum tubing.

By the way, my Dynon unheated pitot tube has been spoken for.
Thanks,
Steve
N174AS
RV7, 230hrs