Latintan

Well Known Member
I did not see any help on the subject so in case anybody else needs a solution, I'll note what I did. It has to do with the dynon pitch servo acting as a roll servo and vice versa.

I am installing an EFIS D10-A with roll and pitch servos and an AP-74 autopilot dedicated I/F module. I bought the D10-A used with a very outdated software. So i updated the software to the latest revision but before the servos were connected. After buying the servos (new), the software recognized the roll and pitch servos and after a calibration to follow, the system magically worked- except that for some reason (probably my own doing during calibration), a roll movement turned the pitch servo and a pitch movement affected the roll servo.

The Dynon DSAB bus is a two wire bus (I presume its a serial bus) with no way of messing up the servo wire assignment since it assigns the servos by calibration and by serial number from what I understand from speaking with Dynon. In other words, you cannot swap cables and make them work opposite.

To conclude, I was unable to make them work in their proper assignment no matter how many times I re-calibrated the servos and Dynon was not able to provide a concrete solution. In the end I figured that the memory in the D10-A had to be erased. So I disconnected the AP-74 and both servos and re-installed the software without the autopilot. Upon completion, I re-connected the servos and re-installed the software. This seemed to have reset the software because when the servos were re-calibrated, everything worked as it was supposed to. Hope this helps.