High_Flyer

Well Known Member
Good morning everyone,
Yesterday was a big day for me as I fired up my avionics for the first time. It's a full Dynon Skyview panel.
All was as expected except for the VHF: I have a SV-COM-X3 (8.33 Vhf panel head), SV-COM-T8 (8.33 VHF tranceiver), and a SV-INTECOM-2S.
The X83 seems fine but I have the "NO XCVR MODULE" message on the LCD screen, suggesting that there is no link between the X83 and the T8.
The intercom is good as well as I can hear my voice in the headset and can hear the lady in the Skyview.
I have checked, double checked, triple checked every connection in my harness and found nothing wrong.
I'm now out of ideas...
I can't see if the T8 module is even on as there are no lights to verify that.
Does anyone have a suggestion, other than send back to Dynon?
Thank you.
Alain (in France).

Alain,
As we said over on our forum, this means it can't see data from the COM radio module. Either a wiring problem, or one of the units is damaged. There's no configuration or anything you need to do in setup to make this work.

You can check with a multimeter that the T8 is drawing current by putting the multimeter in series with the power line. That will tell you something.

Thread at Dynon:
http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1458213671

Thanks, I just spoke with someone @ Dynon support by phone, we did some troubleshooting together and no solution.
I guess I'll be sending the units back for repair or exchange...
Disapointing from brand new com modules.
Alain.