carl nank

Well Known Member
Asking where builders are installing the Manafold Pressure Weatherpack unit on an RV7A/Tipup? Sub panel forward or aft, firewall aft or forward?? Any pictures would be welcome.

Thanks

I put my sensor aft of the firewall.

Check out this page and scroll down to the 9/10/06 entry for pictures.

The firewall fitting was a AN807-4D. $5.70 from Aircraft Spruce.

To smooth out the MP fluctuations on the Dynon EMS, I used a 470 rivet center drilled with a small hole in the engine side of the firewall. For details see this thread.

I'll post pictures as soon I find the camera.

Last edited:
this is where i put mine.. i did away with the tiny hose vans uses and made a restrictor from a an470 rivet with a tiny hole in it. placed in the an fitting and installed hose over it. YMMV

Hey Bill...Thanks a million for your pictures. I had absolutely NO IDEA where on the engine the manifold pressure sensor was supposed to connect. I just want to make sure I am seeing correctly :)

The fuzzy hose from Van's FWF kit attaches to a restrictor that screws into the port just above the intake manifold, right? I have an O-320D1A, and I think I will be using that port on two of the other cylinders for a primer. Is that right? Thanks.

Jim Bower
RV-6A super slow build
St. Louis

Jim,

You can use a restrictor fitting any place in the MP line, the location really doesn't matter.

I used a full size fitting on the cylinder head and thus had to put a 470 rivet with a small hole drilled through it in the line to act as a restrictor. This was installed at the fitting on the firewall. The location really isn't that important, as I said before.

William's installation will work fine. The only real difference between his and mine is that I have a Tee fitting prior to the MP Weatherpack to feed the vacuum advance for my ignition. There is a small hose that exits the firewall and runs to my P-mags from the Tee.

Thanks again. I have a restrictor left over from the FWF kit, so if the threads are the same, I'm going to use that. If not, I will drill the little hole through the rivet. Thanks to the forum, I understand why the restrictor gets used.