flickroll

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any experience regarding mounting the Dynon magnetometer and a Whelen strobe power supply in relatively close proximity to each other? I need to mount them both in my right wing tip and wondered what problems this will create. The Whelen installation is temporary....within a couple of months it will come out and Aveo Engineering LED based strobes and nav lights will be going in. I knew going in that I'd be using the Aveo products so was not worried about the magnetometer being in the same tip as the LED's, but Aveo has been a little slow with delivery. They are supposed to show their embedded wing tip lights at S n F. Thanks

My Mag is 2 Ft away from the Whelan, NO problems.......

Thanks. Today I'm going to mount the magnetometer, and then temporarily power up the strobe and move it around in the area of the magnetometer and see what I get. Hope it's no compass movement. But I get interference, I'll just not install strobes at this time and just wait a few weeks until I can get the Aveo products. Won't be a problem as I have a lot of flying to do before I even think about flying at night :) Thanks again