wirejock

Well Known Member
I'm using down time to draw schematics and hit a road block.

Here's the design.
AP servos and ADAHRS will route to a network hub somewhere in the aft area. Power (red), ground (black) and AP disconnect (yellow) will be broken out before the hub per Dynon.
The ADAHRS connects all wires to the hub according to Dynon.
The hub cable runs forward to the EFIS. Probably to another hub connecting the panels.

Question...
Is there any reason the yellow from the hub aft/forward can't be used as a path for it's intended purpose (AP disconnect) if if is broken out on both ends?
Does the ADAHRS use it for some other purpose?
No reason to add a wire if a usefull one is already there and it's the right color!

Question 2
How about the red and black? They may be too small for AP servo power though. Does the ADAHRS use red and black?

Larry

Are you saying you want to route the a/p disconnect through the hub? If so, I don't think that will work because the Dynon network uses all nine pins.

I was just looking at the Dynon docs and there is not a yellow wire in the data harness. There is an orange, but no yellow. Lastly, I believe they use all nine pins anyway, but in the past that wasn't true and some builders skipped connecting them only to have to go back and rewire when the Dynon software began using them. Best to leave the hub to the Dynon data standard, imo

Wirejock,
The ADAHRS needs (8) wires. It gets power and data from the screens. Technically, pin 9 is unused for the ADAHRS, so you could use it if you wanted and only the ADAHRS and servos are on that leg of the run. Not sure off the top of my head which color this wire is.

Wiring

Wirejock,
The ADAHRS needs (8) wires. It gets power and data from the screens. Technically, pin 9 is unused for the ADAHRS, so you could use it if you wanted and only the ADAHRS and servos are on that leg of the run. Not sure off the top of my head which color this wire is.

Thanks.
That's the info I needed. The ADAHRS needs all the wires. I will run an AP disconnect and power/ground for the servos.

I used a number of "hubs" in the wiring of my airplane. I have a SV network hub for the ADAHRS, and I pull down the 4 SV networking wires off of there that are needed for the AP Servos. They go to this rear AP hub pictured below.

IMG_3751-M.jpg

This is the forward AP hub under the seats.
IMG_3747-M.jpg

The power, ground, disconnect wires come down to this forward AP hub from the panel.
From this forward AP hub they go to the roll AP servo, and to the rear (pitch) AP servo (rear hub).

Larry, you may have misunderstood. The AHRS uses (8) of the (9) wires. There is a spare wire in the harness if all you are using is an AHRS.

Plan

Larry -

A slightly different take on how BruceH did his wiring. I pulled those three wires out and used a screw-on terminal block routing the aft servo forward to a terminal block under the passenger seat.

Here is an image as I was finalizing the wiring.

Avionics047_zps156ebef1.jpg

The roll servo will also connect to the terminal block under the passenger seat. However, the power, ground and disconnect are the only wires from both servos that are connected together.

Avionics%20080_zps7vhlpwdi.jpg

One of the issues I tried to address is the limited amount of routes for wiring to get through the center section. I also wanted to be able to remove a wing without cutting wires. In the image above the wiring from top of image down is:

1. auto-disconnect - both servos are connected
2. power - both servos
3. ground - both servos

remaining connections are the data lines from the roll servo in the wing. They are routed to the Dynon hub in the back of the aircraft. This reduces the number of wires running forward to the network cable from the hub and the power and ground wires.

Just my implementation.

That's almost exactly how I imagined it. Thanks