Mark Browning

HI ALL
I need some advice on how to ? wire in Dynon expansion module HS 34

I have a GNS430 installed in my RV-7, its connected along with my other avionics through the Pro G Hub. Everything there is fine.

I also have two Dynons installed and would like to install the Dynon exapnsion module HS34 to enable the HSI funcation on both Nav sources.

Has any one installed one of these things with the Pro G HUB ? Hoping for a bit of guidence or any problems i may come up against :confused:

Thanks

Mark

Unless you are using the hub to split the ARINC lines to other units, there is no real advantage to routing the data through the hub while it introduces a risk of more possible points of failure (each connection; the hub itself). Even the splitting isn't a big deal, since you can simply use butt splices to go from one output to many input wires.

IMHO you will be better off wiring directly from the 430 to the HS34.

my opinion

I would call Tim Haus at Approach Fast Stack at 218-237-4426 and he will answer your question. I have two RVs wired with hubs and really believe it is a good way to go.

Hi Tom
Thanks, i just e-mailed Tim he came back to say they do supply a harness that integrates the HS34.
This makes the whole system plug and play.
Have to agree with you this is a great way to go without complication :)

Cheers

Mark